Women’s Health & Urogynecology
Our board certified Urogynecology team provides a full range of treatment options for women with pelvic floor disorders and urologic issues.
Our Women’s Health & Urogynecology Services
Urinary incontinence, also known as bladder leakage, is very common in women, and usually is treatable. There are different types of urinary incontinence.
What Is a Urogynecologist?
Urology of Indiana houses Central Indiana’s Premier Urogynecology program. Our Fellowship-trained Urogynecology specialists offer a full range of diagnostic and treatment options for women suffering from pelvic floor disorders.
A Urogynecologist is a physician who has undergone advanced, specialized training in the evaluation and treatment of conditions that affect the support and function of the pelvic floor. The American Board of Medical Specialties approved Urogynecology as a certified subspecialty in 2011. Board certification in Urogynecology means that the physician has passed an exam from the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ABOG) and American Board of Urology (ABU) demonstrating exceptional expertise in this specialty.
Some common conditions our Urogynecologists treat include (but are not limited to):
- Fallen (prolapsed) pelvic organs
- Bladder control problems
- Bowel control problems
If you experience pelvic floor disorders, you are not alone. We can help! More than 40% of women suffer from urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders. These problems are known to adversely affect the quality of life of women and prevent you from enjoying normal daily activities. Many women do not seek help for pelvic floor disorders because they are unaware that safe and effective treatments exist.
Urology of Indiana’s Fellowship Trained/Board Certified Urogynecologists and Specialized Team
Our Fellowship-trained Urogynecologists as well as Nurse practitioners and Physician Assistants are trained and experienced in diagnosing and treating patients holistically. We practice up-to-date evidence-based medicine utilizing the most advanced diagnostic urodynamic equipment, incorporating lifestyle, diet and behavior modification, pelvic floor muscle training, pharmacological treatment as well as minimally invasive surgeries. We collaborate with trained physical therapists and colorectal surgeons also trained on pelvic floor disorders.
Urogynecology Services Offered At Urology of Indiana
- Fellowship-trained Urogynecology physicians supported by Advanced Practice Providers dedicated to this field of medicine
- Complex urodynamic testing
- Pessary fittings and management for prolapse and stress urinary incontinence
- Surgical treatments for stress incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse (such as slings, urethral bulking injections)
- Vaginal, laparoscopic and robotic (da Vinci) procedures for pelvic organ prolapse
- Vaginal laser therapy for Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (MonaLisa Touch non-surgical laser therapy for internal dryness and pain during intimacy)
- First, second and third-line therapies for overactive bladder (Including Botox, sacral and peripheral neuromodulation), including an Overactive Bladder Pathway focused on patient care.
- Nonsurgical and surgical treatments for accidental bowel leakage
For more information about our Urogynecology services, call us at 877-362-2778.